image sentence: The girl found the food to be rather trite.
Synonyms: banal, hackneyed, clichéd, common, conventional, predictable.
Antonyms: Fresh, Novel, new, original, imaginative
Other sentences with the word trite in them/ How to use ‘trite‘ in a sentence?
1. The point raised by John during the final moments of debate seem obvious and trite.
2. The red poinsettias are so trite, I am thinking about the ivory ones.
3. Many great expressions have become trite due to their overuse in daily soap operas.
4. Matthew’s ideas for the party were trite.
5. I hate people who use trite expressions.
First known use/Origin: Latin tritus, 1548