(noun) Meaning: not showing strong emotions; uninteresting; boring; unable to capture attention;
The word can also be used to describe food. Exemplis Gratia(e.g) if you find the food/dish tasteless or flavorless you could describe it as bland.
image sentence: The plot of the play was pretty bland to attract viewers.
image sentence:The girl found the food to be rather bland.
Synonyms: boring, dull, monotonous,unadventurous, unoriginal, uninteresting, weak, temperate, dry
Antonyms: interesting, stimulating,
Other sentences with the word bland in them/ How to use ‘bland’ in a sentence?
1. The music produced these days is bland.
2. The plot of the movie bland.
3. It can be very dull living with an individual who is bland about everything.
4. The overestimated chef prepared a bland unadventorous vegetarian dish.
5. The Prime Minister’s bland statement regarding the ever-increasing poverty was criticized by the media and people all over the country.
6. The much awaited desert after the main-course meal was rather bland.
First known use/Origin: Latin word blandus around 1565