1. How is Hall’s coefficient related with carrier concentration?
2. On what factors does the sign of the Hall’s coefficient depend?
3. What is the sign of Hall Coefficient for an intrinsic semiconductor?
4. Is it possible to measure Hall’s coefficient for metals?
5. Why is the Hall coefficient of semiconductors many orders of magnitude sgreater than
that of metals?
6. How is Hall’s coefficient related to the Hall’s Voltage (VH) and the thickness(t)? Why
should the sample be thin?
7. In what units is Hall’s coefficient measured in?
8. Dene carrier concentration, electrical conductivity, and mobility of charge carriers.
How are they related?
9. What are some of the requirements for a sample to be used for the determination of Hall’s Coefficient?
10. Explain the increase of the resistance of the sample with the increase in magnetic field.
11. Define hall coefficient.
12. How does mobility depend on electrical conductivity?
13. Define Hall angle.
14. Which type of charge has greater mobility?
15. What is the effect of temperature on Hall coefficient of a lightly doped semiconductor?
16. Do the holes actually move?
17. Does the Hall coefficient depend on the dimensions of the sample?