I am happy to inform that I have created three toolboxes/modules for Scilab.
A toolbox/module is a kind of an extension for Scilab which adds new functionality which wasn’t there already.
The best part is that even we can conotribute to Scilab and help make it better this way.
The toolboxes can be found on the link: https://atoms.scilab.org/
- Numerical Integration Techniques (integtools): https://atoms.scilab.org/
- Curve Fitters (curvefit): https://atoms.scilab.org/
- Fourier Series (fstools): https://atoms.scilab.org/
- Go to the links provided and download the toolboxes.(it will probably be a zip file)
- Run Scilab and type: atomsInstall(‘path of the zip file you downladed’)
- Make sure you’re connected to the internet or the command may return an error.
- Also I’m not a 100%percent sure abouth this but you may need to givve the following command before performing the above steps. Type: atomsGui()
- Once the module is installed, you can load it by typing: atomsLoad(‘modulename’)
- Or you can just restart Scilab and it will load automatically.
- Once the module is loaded you will receive a welcome message.
- Then you can enjoy using it and even refer to the help browser for more information on it, by typing: “help modulename”
Also, since I have only tested it on Windows yet, I would love some feedback from Linux users.
So please let me know if it worked for you or not.