(verb) Meaning: to join pieces together by joining or intertwining(as with ropes wires and so on)
image sentence: A square knot is a very effective way to splice two ropes together.
Synonyms: interweave, plait, braid, knit, mesh
Other sentences with the word Splice/ How to use Splice in a sentence?
- A Western Union splice is the most elegant as well as the strongest wire splice.
- In a pigtail splice, the bare ends of two wires are twisted together, and then hot solder is applied.
- A square knot is a very effective way to splice two ropes together.
- Once they’d recorded those we made tape loops of certain sections, then spliced the whole thing together.
5. Splice is usually significantly stronger than a knot and is intended to be permanent
First known use /Origin : obsolete Dutch splissen; akin to Middle Dutch splitten to split; First Known Use: circa 1525